Monday, February 08, 2016

Fragile Heart Hardened Heart

As I grow older, I realise that I've become the kind of girl who cries alone in silence when hurt. I've learnt the art of containing the emotional outburst before I am able to naturally walk away from the scene and find a spot to let the tears drop in secret.

I've also learnt that I'm becoming a lil more sensitive and fragile-hearted these days. Well, of course small things do not make me shed a tear, I would jz sulk normally and give them silent treatment or yell back at them at worst.

But when I do cry, it's mostly for things I've been bottling up for some time. When issues are not addressed because there is no room for communication, people continue the same behaviours and add salt to unhealed wounds.

I'm not saying I'm a saint who hurts no hearts. I do say and do things that hurt too. Both unintentionally and out of anger. Which is why I tend to mingle less with people of late. I try to avoid hurting people by being less involved with them. That way I hope I'll be spared from getting hurt.

But things don't always go as you envision it to be. Sometimes the hurt builds up at a place you expect love to grow, a place you wish you can truly call home sweet home.

Daisypath - My Birthday

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Graduation tickers